Tuesday 16 July 2013

Wealth Creation – Rule 17 (Confidence and Competence)



Wealth Creation – Rule 17 (Confidence and Competence)
If you must create wealth then you should have confidence and competence.
No man goes to the war unarmed  otherwise he wants to be harmed. Confidence is the act of feeling sure about your own ability  to do things and be successful while competence on the otherhand is having enough skill or knowledge to do
something well. Thus both confidence and competence are complementary. The day you lost confidence in what you are capable of doing you drain yourself the strength, force and ability to create wealth. Knowledge is  only power when it is applied. Confidence and competence are either inherited or acquired. Confidence will make you handle difficult times but competence will help you manage such times better. Confidence and competence come as a result of knowledge. What you don’t know have power over you.
In my early days while growing up (by then I just left the secondary school) I was opportuned to manage a business worth millions of naira. The most interesting part of  it was that when the owner of the business I am to handle saw my physical size and age she doubted my competence. But fortunately for me I have the confidence that I can do it and thank God it worked perfectly fine and today the business is still striving fine. So learn how to build self confidence and competence if you must create wealth. The confidence you build on yourself and the competence you develop can be a spring board for higher financial freedom for you and your society at large.  
Food for Thought: “The first sign of victory in a war is courage”.

What do you have to say about this?  Leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment